Friday, June 29, 2012

Catching Up with Summer

Petunia, here.  Yep, it's been a while since I've been able to blog.  Summer has been a busy time for this cat, but let me catch you up.  I have really been enjoying my time with our newest Summer Angels.  This is a camp for kids who spend their summer with me and helping older folks in the community.  They deliver Meals On Wheels, visit folks at our Centers in Thunderbolt and Port Wentworth and even do yard work.  Here is a picture of me with two of my new friends.  They were relaxing after a hard day of volunteering...me?  I was relaxing after a hard day of being petted by visitors.

Also this summer, I've been trying to get the word out about our annual Fan Drive.  Each year, my people here at Senior Citizens give away electric fans to my older friends who don't have air conditioning.  (Whew!  I just came in from an outdoor adventure and I can't imaging what it's like to not have a/c!)  They are good folks here at SCI...but we've already given away our stash!  If you'd like to help us, just bring me a new box fan or give me a donation.  Our friends at Target are letting us buy fans at cost so we can stretch your donation even further.  I hope you can help!

Well, that's about it for right now.  It's time for my nap..but stop by anytime and give me a head rub...ahh...nothing better!  Till next time...love, Petunia



No comments:

Post a Comment