Thursday, February 16, 2012

Greetings from the lobby chair at Senior Citizens, Inc.  Everyone just got to the office and I've made my rounds.  I always get excited to see my best buds, Cecelya and Eddie, each morning.  They are the Family Advocates for SCI and I actually sleep in their offices.

They really have interesting jobs!  They are the folks that visit seniors in the homes and help them get services that will help them stay there.  I really like it when people come to our offices since I usually can convince them to give me a head rub.  Anyway, some of the things Eddie and Cecelya do is sign seniors up for utility discounts, help them find needed financial assistance, make sure they get Meals On Wheels if they want it. (The food is really good...but don't tell Mom that I sometimes get folks to let me taste their lunch!)

Right now we are collecting and distributing new blankets to seniors who might need a little extra warmth in our cold, damp winter.  I keep trying to try out the blankets at nap time, but Eddie and Cecelya won't let me.  We did get a really funny blanket the other day...it had "100 Bottles of Beer" on it!  It was selected quickly!

If you'd like to donate a blanket (and, of course, give me a head rub), just stop by our building at Bull Street and Washington Ave.  Hopefully, I'll see you soon!

1 comment: